Jared Vagy on Healing and Preventing Hip Injuries in Climbers
Date: October 7th, 2020
Interview Details: Dr. Jared Vagy on Hip Injuries
Dr. Jared Vagy is a physical therapist, and he’s a climber who’s incredibly motivated to help other climbers heal their bodies. In this interview, we talk about common hip injuries in climbers and what to do about them. It’s super in-depth and he describes exact protocols to use on hip injuries, so I hope it helps you out.
- Why healthy hips are important for climbing
- What the most common hip injuries are
- How shoulder pain and hip pain can be related
- How to tell if hip pain is originating from back
- Specific stretches for high-stepping
- What to do about hip injuries
Other Interviews with Dr. Vagy
- Interview #1: We talked in general about how to heal injuries, but since that time he has gotten way more specific about the steps we need to take to address them.
- Interview #2: He talked about how to heal shoulder impingement.
- Interview #3: We talked about rotator cuff injuries and neck strain.
- Interview #4: We discussed finger pulley sprains.
- Interview #5: We discussed elbow injuries.
Jared Vagy Professional Credentials
Dr. Vagy is an authority on climbing related injuries. He has published numerous articles on injury prevention and delivers lectures and seminars on the topic. He received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from the University of Southern California, ranked the number one DPT Program in the nation for the last decade by US News and World Report.
He is now a professor at the University in the DPT Program. As a Doctor of Physical Therapy in clinical practice, he went on to complete a one year residency program in orthopedics and a one year fellowship program in movement science. He is a Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
Supporting Videos from Episode
Hip Mobility Part 1
Hip Mobility Part 2
Rock Rehab Protocol Links
Dr. Vagy has created 6 injury protocols using his Rock Rehab Pyramid method that are available on TrainingBeta. You can find out more about his methods by clicking on any of the links below. You can see a description of all of the protocols (which we’ve made available for $15 each) at www.trainingbeta.com/rock-rehab.
- Inside Elbow Pain
- Outside Elbow Pain
- Finger Pulley Sprain
- Shoulder Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Strain
- Neck Strain
Dr. Jared Vagy Links
Training Programs for You
Do you want a well-laid-out, easy-to-follow training program that will get you stronger quickly? Here’s what we have to offer on TrainingBeta. Something for everyone…
- Personal Training Online: www.trainingbeta.com/mercedes
- For Boulderers: Bouldering Training Program for boulderers of all abilities
- For Route Climbers: Route Climbing Training Program for route climbers of all abilities
- Finger Strength : www.trainingbeta.com/fingers
- All of our training programs: Training Programs Page
Please Review The Podcast on iTunes
Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world.