Before we get into the podcast, I have to let you know that we’re doing our first giveaway ever, and the winner is set up to win $270 worth of awesome training resources:
- A Rock Prodigy Training Center (fingerboard) by Trango ($120 value)
- A year membership to our Bouldering Strength and Power Program ($150 value)
You have until Wednesday night on November 5th, 2014 to enter!
Ok, moving along…
About Dr. Jared Vagy
I am so excited to put this podcast out! Holy crap. This is some MUCH NEEDED info for climbers of all types and ability levels, and I really hope you listen to the whole thing.
Jared Vagy is a PhD physical therapist who also happens to be a rock climber who’s had a lot of injuries. He works with athletes of all kinds and does phone/skype and in-person sessions with climbers all over the world.
He’s written a book just for us on how to prevent and treat common climber injuries, and he’s got a lot more info for us up his sleeve. He’s super passionate about educating us, and I’m so happy I found him!
He’s dissected our contorted movements and figured out how we can prevent finger, elbow, and shoulder injuries.
What We Talked About
- Finger injuries
- Elbow injuries
- Shoulder injuries (my favorite!)
- What we’re doing wrong on the wall and in daily life to cause these injuries
- How to properly warm up before climbing
Support The Podcast
- Check out the new Bouldering Strength and Power program for boulderers of all abilities!
- Our other training programs are pretty cool, too. Check ’em out on the Training Programs Page.
- If you’d like to sponsor the podcast, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen and Review on iTunes
- Link to the TrainingBeta Podcast on iTunes is HERE.
- Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world 😉
Intro and outro song: Yesterday by Build Buildings
Thanks for listening!