Matt Pincus on Returning to Climbing after a Break
Date: June 16th, 2020
About Matt Pincus
In this interview, I talk with Matt Pincus about returning to climbing after a break during the pandemic. Matt is our in-house Remote Climbing Coach at TrainingBeta, and he’s had an extraordinary return to climbing himself since the pandemic lockdowns, having already sent a couple 5.14’s. Matt lives in Jackson, Wyoming, and he sees clients remotely from all over the world and helps them with their physical training and mental tactics for climbing.
In this episode, we examine how to go about easing back into climbing in a safe and enjoyable way. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by fear or frustrated by getting easily pumped after not climbing for a long time. We discuss how to deal with these things so we can all get back to having fun climbing outside (or in the gym) again soon.
If you’re interested in training with Matt after listening to this interview, you can sign up to work with him (from anywhere in the world) at www.trainingbeta.com/matt.
Matt Pincus Interview Details
- Our own returns to climbing
- The struggles we’ve encountered
- Common struggles with returning to climbing after a break
- Focusing on volume first
- How to be patient with yourself
- Tactics to avoid frustration
Matt Pincus Interview Links
- Train with Matt: www.trainingbeta.com/matt
- Matt’s Instagram: @mpincus87
- Article by Emily Harrington on this topic: Getting Back into Shape after a Long Break
- At-Home Training Program by Matt
- All of Matt’s articles on TrainingBeta
Training Programs for You
Do you want a well-laid-out, easy-to-follow training program that will get you stronger quickly? Here’s what we have to offer on TrainingBeta. Something for everyone…
Please Review The Podcast on iTunes
Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world.