Mercedes Pollmeier on Movement and Technique Drills and Principles
Date: December 18th, 2019
About Mercedes Pollmeier
Mercedes Pollmeier is a climbing coach/trainer known for her focus on intentional movement training. She used to be a trainer for TrainingBeta, and she was the head coach at the Seattle Bouldering Project until recently. She now does remote personal coaching and training through her website www.modusathletica.com. She’s an instructor at the Performance Climbing Coach (PCC) seminars that I teach at, and she recently created a program that will teach you a lot of the concepts we talk about in this interview, called “Midnight Lightning: Foundational Strength and Technique Program.” She’s offering a 10% discount to you using code MATB2020 at checkout.
I wanted to talk to Mercedes because I’ve gotten a lot of requests recently for interviews about movement and technique. I did an interview recently with Kris Hampton, and I thought I’d add to that with another amazing trainer in the community.
In this interview, we discuss what she teaches at the PCC events, her success with teaching spinal awareness & mobility to routesetters, why we lack mobility so much as climbers, and how often we should be doing mobility work to keep ourselves healthy.
We also go into detail about some technique drills she uses with her clients and how you can incoroporate them into your routine.
Mercedes Pollmeier Interview Details
- What she teaches at PCC events
- How she helped route setters with spinal awareness & mobility
- How often we should do mobility work
- Mobility drills
- 5 technique drills she uses with her clients
- Footwork, breathing, tension, flow, and balance work
Videos by Mercedes for this Interview
Mercedes was kind enough to include some videos to go along with this interview to help us see what she’s talking about – these things are hard to visualize from an audio conversation, so thanks Mercedes!
Over the Bench Lat Stretch
Precision Feet Vid #1
Mercedes Pollmeier Links
- New Program: Midnight Lightning: Foundational Strength and Technique Program
- Use code MATB2020 for 10% discount
- Instagram: @modusathletica
- Website: modusathletica.com
- Simple Strength Book on Amazon by Mercedes
- YouTube account
Training Programs for You
Do you want a well-laid-out, easy-to-follow training program that will get you stronger quickly? Here’s what we have to offer on TrainingBeta…
- Personal Training Online: www.trainingbeta.com/matt
- For Boulderers: Bouldering Training Program for boulderers of all abilities
- For Route Climbers: Route Climbing Training Program for route climbers of all abilities
- Finger Strength : www.trainingbeta.com/fingers
- All of our training programs: Training Programs Page
Please Review The Podcast on iTunes
Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world.