Direct Download: LINK
Date: March 30th, 2015
About Mike Doyle
Mike Doyle is a full time(+) computer programmer in his late 30’s who crushes hard rock climbs. He’s a Vegas local who has devoted the last several seasons to the route Necessary Evil (classic 5.14c) in the Virgin River Gorge, and finally sent it this past spring.
He’s Canadian, and helped train Sean McColl back when he was training youth competition climbers and competing himself. He’s climbed all over the world, having sent numerous 5.14’s, all while ambitiously pursuing a career he loves.
What we talked about:
- How he efficiently trained for Necessary Evil
- How his training has evolved over the years
- The creative ways he manages to work so many hours AND climb so much outside
- His thoughts on diet and body weight, and how he lost weight for Necessary Evil
Support The Podcast
- Check out the Bouldering Strength and Power program for boulderers of all abilities.
- Our other training programs: Training Programs Page.
- If you’d like to sponsor the podcast, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen and Review on iTunes
- Link to the TrainingBeta Podcast on iTunes is HERE.
- Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world 😉
Intro and outro song: Yesterday by Build Buildings
Thanks for listening!