Direct Download: LINK
It’s been FOREVER since I published a podcast episode and I’m really sorry for the inconsistency! My surgery and ensuing weirdness has had me away from working very much at all, but I’m hoping to start putting podcasts up again on a regular basis.
This episode is with my friend, Heather Weidner (nee Robinson), who is a badass sport and trad climber, having redpointed Stockboy’s Revenge (5.14b) in Rifle this summer and Must’a Been High (5.13c R) in Eldorado Canyon in Colorado soon after.
She and her husband, Chris Weidner, are full time climbers living the dream, although Heather was a veterinarian for about 5 years before that. When I think of Heather, I think of a very sweet woman with a bullish determination to climb her projects. I also think of kneebarring, since she’s a pro at it.
Here’s what we talked about:
- Her lack of fear and how that helps her climbing
- Whether kneebarring is “cheating”
- How her vegetarian diet affects her climbing
- Her longest (time) project and how she kept trying even when she felt defeated
- How she makes it as a full time climber
- Heather Weidner site at www.heatherclimbs.com
- Heather Weidner article for TrainingBeta, “Headstrong”
Support The Podcast
- Check out the new Bouldering Strength and Power program for boulderers of all abilities!
- Our other training programs are pretty cool, too. Check ’em out on the Training Programs Page.
- If you’d like to sponsor the podcast, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen and Review on iTunes
- Link to the TrainingBeta Podcast on iTunes is HERE.
- Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world 😉
Intro and outro song: Yesterday by Build Buildings
Thanks for listening!